On April 1, 2016, the Office of the Treasurer at City Hall will no longer offer Resident Golf Card services. However, we will continue to honor renewal-by-mail applications received and postmarked prior to April 1, 2016. Although renewal-by-mail services will no longer be available, there will now be THREE (3) OPTIONS for Resident Golf Card registration and renewal.
OPTION 1: TPC HARDING PARK GOLF SHOP – Beginning April 1, 2016, registration and renewal services for Resident Golf Cards will take place at the TPC Harding Park Golf Shop. There are no changes to the required documentation to verify residency at TPC Harding Park Golf Shop. To register or renew your Resident Golf Card, please visit the TPC Harding Park Golf Shop at the following dates and times:
- Monday – Thursday: 10am – 4pm
- Friday – Sunday : 11am – 4pm
OPTION 2: ONLINE RENEWALS – Starting soon(we apologize but implementation has been delayed due to technical issues), you may renew your resident golf card online by visiting this website (not yet available). Please note that online renewals are entirely optional. If you should have questions regarding your online renewal login information, please email email@example.com.
OPTION 3: ANNEX BUILDING AT McLAREN LODGE – Starting June 1, 2016,(we apologize but implementation has been delayed due to technical issues) for residents who are unable to visit TPC Harding Park or access the internet, registration and renewal services will be available at the Annex Building at McLaren Lodge, 501 Stanyan Street. Renewals will be available at the Annex Building on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2pm – 5pm. Only checks and cash (exact) accepted at this location. No credit cards.
HOW TO QUALIFY – REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
To qualify as a San Francisco or Pacifica resident, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Government-issued Photo ID: For example valid, California State Driver’s License (“CDL”), California State Identification Card (“CID”), or other government-issued photo ID – AND;
- One other piece of Residency Information evidencing proof of residency no older than 90 days. Examples include:
- Utility Bill (with your name on it)
- Property Tax Statement (with your name on it)
- Bank Account Statement (with your name on it)
- Other type of recurring commercial bill received within the past 90 days (with your name on it)
NOTE: Qualifying documents must list the same address on both documents. If you are supplying a Government-issued Photo ID with an address other than where you currently live in San Francisco or Pacifica – or if you are supplying a government-issued Photo ID that does list an address – you must submit two (2) pieces of Residency Information as described in item #2 above. In this scenario, please present a Government-issued Photo ID and two (2) pieces of residency information as described in item #2 above.
PACIFICA RESIDENTS – To qualify as a Pacifica resident, applicants must present the same required documentation as stated above evidencing a Pacifica address. Please note Pacifica resident cards are valid for discounted golf fees at Sharp Park only.
SAN FRANCISCO PROPERTY OWNERS – If you are the legal owner of property within the City and County of San Francisco and pay taxes on that property, and your name is printed on the deed or the property tax receipt, you will qualify as a San Francisco Resident and may receive a card, even though you live outside the City limits. You will need to supply proof (i.e. property tax receipt, copy of a deed – that includes your name) along with the applicable required government issued photo ID described above. This policy also applies to Pacifica property owners who live outside the City of Pacifica for cards to be used only at Sharp Park Golf Course.
- Cost: The cost of the Resident Golf Card is ninety dollars ($90.00). The cost of the Pacifica Resident Golf Card is sixty dollars ($60.00)
- How long will the card be valid? As of January 1, 2010, only 2-year cards will be issued.
- Property of the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department – Resident cards are the property of the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department. Resident cards are for the use of current residents of San Francisco and Pacifica only. Golfers may be refused playing privileges for submitting false information for the purpose of securing a resident card. Any misuse of a resident card may result in the card being revoked.
- Lost Cards – Lost San Francisco Golf Resident Cards that have not expired may be replaced at a cost of $25.00. The replacement card will have the same expiration date as that of the lost card. If the lost card is nearing its expiration date, the golfer may choose to renew for an additional two-year card. The expiration date of the new card will be two years from the date of issuance.