Silver Tree is a week-long outdoor is a traditional day camp in Glen Park Canyon. Silver Tree is the largest and oldest summer camp in the history of SFRPD and is considered a generational camp that is rich in both tradition and culture. It operates 8:00am-6:00pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and 12:00pm-7:00pm on Thursdays. Silver Tree serves 180 campers ranging between 5-14 years of age each week for 10-weeks (5/31-8/12).
Silver Tree Summer Camp Art Room Coordinator works directly with Silver Tree Camp Manager(s) and Counselors to create a spectacular art program for campers at Silver Tree Summer Camp. Coordinators will create and assign a theme for each week and schedule appropriately related arts & crafts projects for the week in addition to regularly planned programming. Coordinators are encouraged to introduce unique and exciting projects to the camp.
Coordinators are also responsible for planning, decorating, and organizing Silver Tree Carnival week that includes various carnival games, food, and activities for all families and campers during the summer.Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate all Silver Tree arts & crafts equipment and inventory.
- Manages a staff of up to 2 youth workers for art room assistance.
- Develops effective written program plans and schedules including games, crafts, and special events activities in consultations with Camp Managers.
- Prepare art room’s layout to fit up to 30 campers.
- Effectively supervise, coach and mentor the camp counselors and youth workers.
- Counselors will work with camp management to present well thought-out relevant programs, create camp community, and maintain a clean, safe, and professional camp site.
- Daily maintain a clean and well organized art room.
- Organize all supplies and equipment needed for the Carnival week.
- Create decorations and necessary signage for Carnival and general camp.
- Day Camp Counselor Experience
- Program design experience
- Arts & Crafts Teaching Experience
- Environmental programming, projects, stewardship experience
- Friendly, outgoing, cooperative, supportive, flexible, calm under stress
- Good Customer Service skills to use with parents and the public
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed for the applicable civil service job (class) code. Please go to jobaps.com/sf for the job announcement and more information on the specific requirements.Certification(s) Desired
NOTE: these are not required, but are desirable for this position.
- CA Food Handler's Card servsafe.com
- First Aid/CPR American Red Cross