The Camp Counselors lead 12 to 16 campers through programs throughout the day. Camp counselors work with camp management to design programs and maintain a fun, safe, inclusive environment at camp and while on field trips. Counselors lead campers in traditional camp activities as well as ones designed for environmental awareness and nature experiences.
Recruiting has closed for this position. Please check back soon.Job Responsibilities
Camp Counselors are responsible for the emotional/physical safety and well being of all of the campers. Counselors will be trained on sign-in/sign-out procedures, and RPD policies and protocols. Counselors will work with camp management to present well thought-out and relevant programs, create camp community, and maintain a clean and safe camp site. Counselors are responsible for their youth workers' professional growth. Counselors will bring their group to the art/nature counselor for programs and will help conduct that program. Counselors will work one of two shifts to cover either early arrivals or after-care campers in addition to their regular camp shift (eg. 8:00 - 5:00 or 9:00 - 6:00) Lead field trips to the beach, Zoo, swimming pool, and through Stern Grove. Serve snack and monitor camper lunch.Desirable Qualifications
- Ability to work well with others in a supportive team environment
- Great Customer Service for Parents and the public in general
- Prior camp experience; brings program experience to the camp
- Good attendance, prompt, arrives ready to work
- Environmental awareness, stewardship, programming experience
- Outgoing personality who can engage a large group as well as a small one
- Recreation skills and knowledge to share with the campers
- Understanding of child development, importance of inclusion, and maintaining an emotionally safe environment
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed for the applicable civil service job (class) code. Please go to jobaps.com/sf for the job announcement and more information on the specific requirements.Certification(s) Desired
- First Aid/CPR American Red Cross
- CA Food Handler's Card - online at www.servsafe.com
Recruiting has closed for this position. Please check back soon.
<<< Back to Recreation Jobs