Indoor Rock Climbing and Outdoor Adventure Camp spends half of each day doing indoor rock climbing at the Planet Granite Climbing Gym and the other half adventuring in natural habitats and historic buildings in the Presidio. Rec Leaders will be responsible for check-in/out and attendance, coordinating all camp activities and set up/take down of equipment.Job Responsibilities
Will be responsible for supervision of campers throughout both the climbing and adventure portions of the camp. With the help of Planet Granite staff will belay campers as they climb the indoor rock walls. Will lead group off site to locations around the Presidio and lead games and activities such as crabbing of the Torpedo Wharf and field games at Crissy Field.Desirable Qualifications
- Three (3) months equivalent verifiable experience of working/volunteering with Youth (Ages 5 to 11) or Tots (Ages 4 and 5)
- Three (3) months of customer service experience
- Possession of a belay certification and experience with indoor rock climbing
- Experience leading kids ages 5-13 in field trips and recreational activities
- Experience leading kids ages 5-13 as a naturalist in activities focused on the environment
- Knowledge of the Presidio
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed for the applicable civil service job (class) code. Please go to jobaps.com/sf for the job announcement and more information on the specific requirements.
Recruiting has closed for this position. Please check back soon.
<<< Back to Recreation Jobs