Harvey Milk Summer Camp Extended Care Coordinator works directly with Harvey Milk Summer Camp Manager to offer a robust extended care program for campers at Harvey Milk Summer Camp signed up for pre-care (8am-9am) and after-care(3pm-6pm). The Harvey Milk Summer Camp is an intensive art camp for 60 campers ages 7 to 12. Classes include digital storytelling, dance, art exploration, digital sound arts, tween fashion, and theatre. The Extended care program includes games, nature based activities, and arts and crafts.Job Responsibilities
Coordinates logistics of Harvey Milk Summer Camp’s extended care from training and scheduling staff to communications with parents and campers. Manages a staff of 16 including teen youth staff. Develops effective written program plans and schedules, including games, crafts, and special events activities in consultations with Camp Manager. Prepare oral and written reports on all aspects of the extended care program as required. Effectively supervise, coach and mentor the extended care camp counselors.Desirable Qualifications
- Leadership skills for a wide range of recreation activities and special events.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all the staff from the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department and the community.
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- The ability to lead and individually work to accomplish program goals.
- All applicants must possess energy, enthusiasm, and creativity, have the ability to motivate and lead staff and children, have knowledge of recreation activities and community resources, and be able to communicate effectively with program participants and co-workers.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Experience in teaching, management, camp management, recreation or youth enrichment programming.
- Experience working with children in a recreation environment.
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed for the applicable civil service job (class) code. Please go to jobaps.com/sf for the job announcement and more information on the specific requirements.Certification(s) Desired
- Valid Driver’s License
- First Aid and CPR Certified