Harvey Milk Summer Camp is a two-week intensive art camp at the top of Duboce Park. It operates from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday thru Friday. Harvey Milk Summer camp serves 60 campers ranging between 7 and 12 years of age each week for 8 weeks. Each session culminates in a performance and visual art show of campers’ work for family and friends at 1 pm on the last Friday of each two-week session. Harvey Milk Summer Camp Instructors work directly with Harvey Milk Camp Manager and the rest of the Instructor Staff to create a spectacular digital storytelling, sound arts, and visual arts program for campers at Harvey Milk Summer Camp. Coordinators will be given a theme for each two week session and schedule appropriately related digital storytelling, sound arts, and art projects for the session. Instructor staff are encouraged to introduce unique and exciting projects to the camp.Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate all Harvey Milk Summer Camp digital storytelling/sound art/art equipment and inventory.
- Manages a staff of up to 2 youth workers for classroom assistance.
- Develops effective written program plans and schedules including games, crafts, and special events activities in consultations with Camp Manager.
- Prepare classroom layout to fit up to 12 campers.
- Effectively supervise, coach and mentor the youth workers.
- Counselors will work with camp management to present well thought-out relevant programs, create camp community, and maintain a clean, safe, and professional camp site.
- Daily maintain a clean and well organized classroom.
- Organize all supplies and equipment needed for the performance and carnival.
- Create decorations and necessary signage for carnival and general camp.
- Day Camp Counselor Experience.
- Program design experience.
- Digital Storytelling/Sound Arts/Arts & Crafts teaching experience.
- Environmental programming, projects, stewardship experience.
- Friendly, outgoing, cooperative, supportive, flexible, calm under stress.
- Good Customer Service skills to use with parents and the public.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed for the applicable civil service job (class) code. Please go to jobaps.com/sf for the job announcement and more information on the specific requirements.To apply for this position: