Come manage one of SF RPD’s vibrant and highly successful Early Childhood day camps! Lead a team of staff, providing children ages four-five with one of their first day camp experiences.Job Responsibilities
- Plans, conducts, and evaluates specialized recreation program and activities at an assigned recreation facility pertaining to early childhood (ages 0-5 years old) or other specialty areas.
- Assists in developing goals and objectives for early childhood recreation programs.
- Selects and purchases materials and supplies for specialized recreation programs.
- Promotes and publicizes programs; prepares marketing material including flyers, schedules of events, brochures and activity guides.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned recreation staff. May supervise incumbents in class 3279 Recreation Leader, 3264 Camp Assistant, 9910 Workreation and various volunteers.
- Conducts program administration and registration functions.
- Interacts with community groups and members of the public to keep program elements responsive to community need; builds community support and loyalty for specialized recreation programs.
- 6-24 units of Early Childhood Education/Youth Development
- Summer Day camp programs and activities experience preferably related to children ages 0-5 years old
- Excellent customer service skills
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks
- CA Driver’s License
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed for the applicable civil service job (class) code. Please go to jobaps.com/sf for the job announcement and more information on the specific requirements.Certification(s) Desired
Recreation Specialist for After-school Care Programs must obtain a Certificate of Achievement in Child Development: School-Age Care issued by City College of San Francisco within eighteen (18) months of the date of hire (an equivalent certification from another institution may be accepted)To apply for this position: