Manage an outdoor camp located in Stern Grove with 96 campers each week aged 5.5 to 14. This position will manage approximately 25 staff of various levels, ranging from ages 16 and up, including experienced camp counselors. At the beginning of May, he/she will start pre-camp preparation with supply purchase, program design and staff training. During camp season, the camp manager will be supported by an assistant on site and 2 supporting off-site supervisors. Training will take place in May and the first week of June. Training days and times are flexible to some degree.
Recruiting has closed for this position. Please check back soon.Job Responsibilities
The camp manager is responsible for setting the tone of the camp, creating and maintaining an atmosphere of team work, inclusion, safety and community throughout the summer. Manager will be trained on established systems such as the pre-camp Welcome Letter to the families, sign in/out procedures, CLASS system paperwork including downloading camper lists and attendance reporting, staff time keeping and timesheet reporting, accident/incident protocols, etc. Manager is responsible for training and supervising the staff, maintaining supplies and quality of the site, interfacing with the public, and presenting a fun, exciting, and nature/art/environment-focused program.Desirable Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer software programs such as Excel, Word, and CLASS
- Organizational skills; multi-tasking, record keeping, planning and follow-up
- Team leadership, coaching / mentoring and staff training experience
- Experience working with children in a camp environment
- Environmental Education, stewardship, activism, or program experience
- First Aid/CPR for children and adults certification
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed for the applicable civil service job (class) code. Please go to jobaps.com/sf for the job announcement and more information on the specific requirements.Certification(s) Desired
- First Aid/CPR certification: American Red Cross
- CA Food Handlers Card (we serve snacks) - online at www.servsafe.com
Recruiting has closed for this position. Please check back soon.
<<< Back to Recreation Jobs