Our Day Camps are looking for enthusiastic people to assist with various camps throughout the months of June, July, and August. Camps are within four (4) main competencies – Community Services (neighborhood camps, teen camps, early childhood camps, and camps for children with disabilities), Cultural Arts (Sharon Arts, Harvey Milk Center, Pine Lake or Silver Tree outdoor camps, etc), Leisure (Waterfront, Surf, Fog City, Shred N’Butter, etc), and Sports & Athletics (Baseball, Basketball, Track, Take 5, Flag Football, Put me in Coach, etc).
Recruiting has closed for this position. Please check back soon.Job Responsibilities
Camp Assistants are responsible for assisting recreation staff with camp prep, check in/out, attendance, and playing various games, songs and activities. They will also monitor campers, assist leaders with equipment set-up and break-down, snack preparation, as well as duties as assigned and light custodial duties. The shifts may include before camp and after camp care and may vary from 8 am to 3:30 pm or 9 am to 6 pm.Desirable Qualifications
- Three (3) months equivalent verifiable experience of working/volunteering with Youth (Ages 5 to 11) or Tots (Ages 4 and 5) or teens (Ages 12-17)
- Three (3) months of customer service experience
- First Aid, CPR and/or CERT/NERT (Citizen or Neighborhood) Emergency Response Team
- Experience in youth games, art, science and sports
- Experience with children up to age 17
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new concepts and be self-motivated
All applicants must meet the minimum qualifications listed for the applicable civil service job (class) code. Please go to jobaps.com/sf for the job announcement and more information on the specific requirements.
Recruiting has closed for this position. Please check back soon.
<<< Back to Recreation Jobs