The Recreation and Park Commission is awarding a contract to Anvil Builders in the amount of $1,093,595 for the renovation of Gilman Playground.
Scope of work includes
- – Swings and independent events (zip line, net spinner, and independent spinners);
- – Pour-in-place rubber surface depicting a shoreline setting in reference to the park’s former proximity to the bay;
- – Landscaping and new trees to provide shade;
- – A separate tot area with imaginary play panels on a nearby lawn area;
- – Replacement of an arbor with picnic tables;
- – Site lighting upgrades;
- – Repaving of pathways for wheelchair access; and
- – Clubhouse restrooms modified for exterior access.
Construction is anticipated to begin in late-July/August, and reopen in early 2016. Unforeseen conditions and inclement weather may extend the construction duration.
The renovation of Gilman Playground is made possible through the voter-approved 2012 Clean and Safe Neighborhood Parks Bond. For more information, please feel free to contact Marvin Yee, Project Manager, at Marvin.Yee@sfgov.org or (415) 581-2541.