- This event has passed.
Legion of Honor Volunteer Project
October 12, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 9:00am on day Second of the month, repeating until June 30, 2016
Volunteering with the Friends of the Legion of Honor offers a unique opportunity to participate in the maintenance of the formal gardens surrounding one of the most visited museums on the West Coast. Please wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants and closed-toe footwear. Tools provided by RPD gardeners. Light refreshments provided by the Legion Cafè. Meet on the front stairs of the museum. To register for this volunteer event, please fill-in the form below, or RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 415-831-6333.
Volunteers who participate in Legion of Honor gardening workparties more than six times within a calendar year will receive the full benefits of being a Fine Arts Museum volunteer, including:
- Free admission to the permanent collection galleries and most special exhibitions at both the de Young and the Legion of Honor.
- Access to lectures, special tours, educational programs, and previews of special exhibitions
- Discounts at Museum Stores and Cafés
- Annual Appreciation Luncheon
- Knowledge about the Museums’ history, operations, and artwork
For more information on this and other volunteer opportunities at the museum, please visit the Legion of Honor website.
Sorry, this volunteer event is full. Please join us for another work party or on another date.