Looking for a place to picnic in the bustling southeastern corner of the park? The two trios of picnic tables above the carousel and Sharon Meadow are the perfect spot! Listen to the nostalgia of the carousel music, dash over to Children’s Playground to run around, or just watch the dapper lawn bowlers do the playing for you!
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- Sharon Meadow offers three picnic tables (but no BBQ grills) for your party. The tables are marked with numbers. For a larger party, consider renting the other three tables at the site as well.
- Restrooms are located onsite, near the carousel.
- Kid zone! No alcoholic beverages are permitted at Sharon Meadow picnics.
- Inflatable play structures (a.k.a. jumpy houses) are not permitted at Sharon Meadow Tables 1, 2 & 3. For Tables 4, 5, 6 info click here.
- For games, head over to the grass of Sharon Meadow or the Children’s Playground. Both areas are nearby, though not within view of the picnic area.
The picnic area at Sharon Meadow is located just off Bowling Green Drive, between MLK and Middle Drives. The tables are above the parking lot near the lawn bowling greens and uphill from the carousel.
On Saturdays (Apr-Sept) and Sundays (year round), no cars are allowed on JFK Drive.
|Address:||345 Bowling Green Dr, San Francisco, CA 94117|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||Yes; 2 Areas; 3 8ft Tables on South Side
(Reservable from 9am-6pm)
|Restrooms:||Yes- Near Carousol|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Yes-Additional Permit Required|
|BBQ Allowed:||Not Allowed|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|