The expansive field of the Pioneer Log Cabin picnic area is framed at the back by tall trees and nested up against the picturesque Pioneer Log Cabin, making it one of the prettiest gathering spots in all of Golden Gate Park. The Pioneer Log Cabin’s grass, tables and grills offer the perfect San Francisco lawn party spot – book it today!
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- Pioneer Log Cabin includes four picnic tables and two BBQs, all set together at the back of the grass.
- Restrooms are located directly across the street at the 14th Avenue East picnic site or at Stow Lake.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at the Pioneer Log Cabin picnic area, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- Pioneer Log Cabin has a large, flat grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is space for lawn games, volleyball, or a small kickball game.
- Neighboring sites: The Pioneer Log Cabin building itself is part of the Recreation and Park Department offices and is not available for rent.
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit. See Picnic and Impact Fees.
Pioneer Log Cabin picnic area is on the south side of Stow Lake Drive, just after it splits off from JFK Drive. There is no sign marking the Pioneer Log Cabin, though the neighboring building is marked and visible from the street.
On Saturdays (Apr-Sept) and Sundays (year round), no cars are allowed on JFK Drive.
|Address:||John F Kennedy & Stow Lake Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||Yes; 4 8ft Tables with 2 Grills|
|Restrooms:||Yes - Closest at 14th Ave Meadow|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Yes-Additional Permit Required|
|Alcohol:||Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|