Just across the plane tree-shaded walkway from the Pioneer Log Cabin picnic site, the shallow grassy bowl of Pioneer East opens up. Underneath the wide skies of this pretty central pocket of the park, Pioneer East offers your party plenty of room to play!
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- B.Y.O. blanket or chairs — 3 tables are provided at Pioneer East Meadow and you are welcome to bring your own small gas grill.
- Restrooms are located directly across the street at the 14th Avenue East picnic site or at Stow Lake.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Pioneer East Meadow, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- Pioneer East Meadow offers a large grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is space for lawn games, volleyball, or a small kickball game.
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit. See Picnic and Impact Fees.
Pioneer East Meadow is on the south side of JFK Drive, just east of the start of Stow Lake Drive. Its western edge is the walkway near the Pioneer Log Cabin lawn. There is no sign marking the Pioneer East Meadow.
On Saturdays (Apr-Sept) and Sundays (year round), no cars are allowed on JFK Drive.
|Address:||569 John F Kennedy Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||Yes; 3 8ft Tables|
|Restrooms:||Yes - Closest at 14th Ave Meadow|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Yes-Additional Permit Required|
|BBQ Allowed:||Not Provided - BYO Gas Grill|
|Alcohol:||Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|