Marx Meadow offers a delightful picnic spot on its centrally located grassy stretch of the park. It is also nestled right in the middle of one of the park’s signature attractions: the Disc Golf Course! Marx Meadow has five individually reservable picnic areas available for reservation, each with one or two tables. For a large party of 100 or more, consider renting a few nearby tables. Each table has its own BBQ grill. Please see the picture gallery and captions for each picnic site and for all rental details and descriptions.
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- Closest restrooms are at Hellman Hollow, which is located across JFK Drive from Marx Meadow.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Marx Meadow, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- The picnic tables at Marx Meadow border the shared grassy area, so come play some games! There is small shared space for simple lawn games.
- The Golden Gate Park Disc Golf Course surrounds Marx Meadow, so make your party part of the fun!
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit. See Picnic and Impact Fees.
Marx Meadow stretches back from the north side of JFK Drive, near 26th Avenue. At the entrance facing JFK Drive, there is a sign for Marx Meadow.
Reserve your corner of Marx Meadow today!
|Address:||906 John F Kennedy Dr, San Francisco, CA 94121|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||Yes; Multiple Areas; See Map and Picture Gallery for Details (Reservable from 9am-6pm)|
|Restrooms:||Yes- Near Hellman Hollow|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Yes-Additional Permit Required|
|Alcohol:||Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|