You knew there was a bison paddock, but did you know that Golden Gate Park has its own horseshoe courts? It does, and they can be yours for a party! Up the stone stairs from Conservatory Drive East are waiting a set of gravel pits for fun, games and you!
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- B.Y.O. blanket or chairs — No picnic tables or BBQ grills are provided at the Horseshoe Courts, but you are welcome to bring your own grill.
- There are no restrooms onsite or near Horseshoe Courts.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at the Horseshoe Courts, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Inflatable play structures (a.k.a. jumpy houses) are not permitted at the Horseshoe Courts.
- There is no grass at the Horseshoe Courts — but there is plenty of room to hone your skills throwing the irons!
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit. See Picnic and Impact Fees.
The Horseshoe Courts are located on the east side of Conservatory Drive East, between JFK Drive and Arguello Boulevard. There is a sign on Conservatory Drive marking the Courts.
Saturdays (Apr-Sept) and Sundays (year round), no cars are allowed on JFK Drive.
|Address:||Conservatory Dr E, San Francisco, CA 94117|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||No Tables Available|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Not Allowed|
|BBQ Allowed:||Not Provided - BYO Gas Grill|
|Alcohol:||Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|