Geneva Ave Strip is an undeveloped open space located in District 11 at Geneva and Delano Avenues. Formerly, this 10,427sf site contained a few fruit and evergreen trees, and was overgrown with invasive ivy and pampas grass. The site is narrow and steep with a lot of potential to be developed into a productive, useful space for community members. We are in the process of building a community garden on the site.
The new garden will include the following features:
• Perimeter walls, fencing and gates
• Primary entrance along Delano Avenue
• Raised garden boxes with space for over 50 community garden assignments
• Accessible area of common amenities
• Additional landscaped areas
For more information on the garden please visit: http://sfrecpark.org/project/geneva-community-garden-cof-project-2008-bond/