We are excited to announce that we received a responsive bid for the Balboa Pool Renovation which will allow us to move forward with the implementation of the project as envisioned. The name of the contractor is CLW Builders.
They have worked with on numerous Rec Park Projects that include the Hayes Valley Clubhouse and the recently completed Boeddeker Clubhouse in the Tenderloin.
The project will still comprise the major elements the community supported during the design process, including but not limited to:
- – Dedicated community room:
- – Defined Canopy entry that is accessible;
- – New mechanical/plumbing systems to improve indoor air quality and thermal comfort;
- – New locker rooms;
- – A new accessible Ramp;
- – New accessible Pool Lifts for the disabled; and
- – New site plan that delineates pedestrian and vehicular paths for safety
The Rec Park Commission will be approving the contract in late July, we will subsequently enter into a contract agreement with the Contractor after that.
We anticipate construction to commence in early September 2016; the project duration is expected to last 12 months, but unforeseen circumstances can delay the project.
Thanks for your continued support and patience.