- 3434 Arborist Technician
- 9910 Public Service Trainee (Workreation) – School Year 2017-2018
- 1823 Senior Administrative Analyst, Finance and Operations Divisions
- 3279 Recreation Leader
- 3208 Pool Lifeguard
- Recreation job listings
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is seeking qualified individuals for a variety of positions. These are the possible jobs which will be available in Fall 2017/Spring and Summer 2018 with applicable pay rates up until June 30, 2017.
- 2708 Custodian (As-Needed Pool) $24.40
- 3208 Lifeguard (As-Needed Pool) $19.73 – we do offer lifeguard training classes
- 3278 Recreation Facility Assistant (As-Needed Pool) $15.45
- 3279 Recreation Leader (3 levels) $17.03–$26.21 (Program Assistant $17.03 requires 500 hours or Program Instructor $19.66 requires at least 1,000 hours and if you possess a certificate, it may go to $26.21)
- 3410 Apprentice Gardener (Permanent Civil Service test) $19.06
- 3417 Gardener (Permanent Civil Service test) $28.51
- 8208 Park Patrol Officer (Permanent Civil Service test) $27.23–$33.10
3264 Camp Assistant either with Camp Mather (in Yosemite Valley and includes full room & board) OR SF Day Camps (Weekday hours only) Culinary Jobs – Cook or Assistant Cook.
For more information on minimum qualifications and job descriptions, please leave voicemail message at (415) 831-2726 or email email@example.com. More information about our department or available positions can be found at sfrecpark.org, jobaps.com/sf and sfgov.org/dhr.
The City and County of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Woman and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SF Rec and Park is looking to recruit a few Greenagers.
Are you a 9th or 10th grade student that lives in or attends a school in the southeast of San Francisco? Are you interested in being a youth leader and promoting park stewardship? Do you enjoy working with the community and want to have an active role as a youth leader and advocate for your neighborhood parks and rec centers? Do you enjoy breaking a sweat outdoors and getting your hands dirty? Then we want you to be part of the Greenagers Program.
What is a Greenager?
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department and Port of San Francisco Greenagers, is a Youth Leadership Program under the umbrella of the Youth Stewardship Program. It offers teens, from the Southeast Side of San Francisco, a chance to play an important role in the community by improving our city’s green spaces and raising awareness. Greenagers work in various parks and open spaces throughout San Francisco, meet with various Rec and Park staff, community members and partners; create place-based projects and or projects based on issues they are interested in. Participants will meet and work with teens their own age, collaborate with other youth organizations and gain crucial skills in facilitating workshops, networking, public speaking, teamwork, environmental education, and community engagement.
Who can be a Greenager?
The Greenagers Program is looking for a group of motivated FRESHMEN and SOPHOMORES who live or attend high schools in the following San Francisco neighborhoods: Bayview, Bayview Heights, Crocker Amazon, Excelsior, Hunters Point, Mission Terrace, Outer Mission, Portola, Silver Terrace, and Visitacion Valley; and are willing to:
- meet every 1st, 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from (8:30 a.m.-12:30/1 p.m.) for eight months
- advance skills in leadership, networking, teamwork and work experience
- interact with the community, park staff and other students to research and voice issues in the southeast community
- work in parks, outdoor open spaces, and recreation centers and can earn up to $100 a month, and have fun!
- Applications must be received no later than April 17, 2015 @ 5PM
- Interviews will be conducted between April 24 and May 15th, 2015 during non-school hours
- Final Decisions will be made by May 23, 2015
- Orientation Overnight: July 24-July 25, 2015
- Program Dates: June 6-January 23, 2015
Please print in ink or type. Send completed applications to Program Coordinator, Tracy Phan, no later than 5 p.m. on April 17, 2015, using one of the following methods:
- fax: (415) 831-2096 or (415) 661-1940
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line must read:“Greenagers App 2015 (insert your name)”
- in person/post: Attn. Tracy Phan, Volunteer Division, 501 Stanyan St., San Francisco, CA 94117
After you have completed the application and have sent it to one of the above locations by no later than April 17, 2015 at 5 p.m., we will call you for an interview based on your eligibility into the program.
This apprenticeship program is a public / private partnership between the City and County of San Francisco, the Northern California District Council of Laborers, the Department of Apprenticeship Standards of the State of California, San Francisco City College, the Mayors' Office of Economic and Workforce Development, the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department and Laborers', Local 261. It is a State of California certified program through the Department of Industrial Relations' Division of Apprenticeship Standards.
Successful participants will complete no less than 4000 hours of supervised on-the-job training in the field in addition to successful completion of 5 horticulture courses: including OH 50 Introduction to Horticulture, OH 76/77 Plant Identification Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter. All courses and instruction are provided by the City College of San Francisco's Department of Horticulture and Floristry. All classroom instruction is in addition to work hours and unpaid.
Candidates for this apprenticeship must possess a superior work ethic, the desire to work with and for the public at large, the ability to follow directives and complete assigned tasks, a professional appearance, attention to detail and the ability to work alone and in groups. Their focus should be towards stewardship of the land and its resources, preservation and improvement of the City and County parks and green spaces, sustainability and leaving a lasting legacy.
The inaugural class of 10 apprentices was launched December 13th 2010 at the Recreation and Park Department. This Apprenticeship Program is based out of Golden Gate Park and works Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 3:30PM. The apprentices work a 40 hour week with a starting wage of $16.39 per hour. Raises are given at 5% increments per 500 hours worked, with a maximum rate of $23.83 per hour. Apprentices agree to be available to work all days and hours based on department need and assignment. Availability and attendance of night classes at the City College of San Francisco is also required.
Further information and photos can be found on the blog.
Please send all inquiries to: email@example.com
John R. Raulli
Director of Apprenticeship
LiUNA!, Local 261/SFRPD