Park Planning Internship
Parks and Open Space Planning Internship with San Francisco Recreation and Park Department
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is currently recruiting interns for summer 2020 and beyond with Rec and Park’s Capital and Planning Division. This is a great opportunity to work during the summer and following school year. The San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department (RPD) hires graduate students every summer for a year-long (or longer) part-time (2-3days/week) positions.
Application period: now through Wednesday February 12, 2020
Internship period: Summer 2020 to Summer 2021. Interns are eligible to work part-time for 6-months post-graduation/after they stop taking classes.
Time commitment: A minimum of two days (16-20) hours per week during the school year, up to four days (32 hours) per week during the summer months.
Pay: $29.50 per hour
SF Rec & Park description of internship main responsibilities:
- Perform site review, research, and data analysis, and preparation of reports related to property acquisition, park and recreation improvement projects and natural resources.
- Prepare informational and analytical maps and infographics using ArcGIS software (ArcMap and/or ArcGIS Pro) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Prepare presentations and staff reports to citizen advisory groups and the Recreation and Park Commission; assist project manager at community meetings; conduct user intercept surveys.
- Analysis of existing and proposed open spaces and population growth impacts.
- Assist planning staff with review, analysis and preparation as needed for Planning Department documents, such as California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) reviews and SF Planning Dept Certificates of Appropriateness (CoA) for projects impacting Recreation and Park facilities.
- Evaluation of shadow impact studies for Proposition K (SF’s “Sunlight Ordinance”) analysis and preparation of reports with recommendations for Commission consideration.
- Assist in grant applications through grant writing, policy and environmental sciences research, and graphics preparation.
- Monitor and update capital project schedules in Tableau Desktop analytics program.
- Basic administrative support including filing, ordering supplies, receiving mail, data entry, word processing, creating spreadsheets, and other administrative tasks.
If you would like to be considered for the internship position described above, please rank RPD as 1, 2 or 3 within your online application at http://www.sfstudentintern.org/Default.aspx. Interested students are welcome to contact Janice Perez Janice.email@example.com